Sunday, August 4, 2013

HAED update, TUSAL, final framed finish

Long time no post. Sorry about that. You know how life gets in the way. I have been stitching a fair amount, and have a page finish on my Haed. Dragonflies whisper. It is also my yearly goal. Though it is only August so I hope to get a bit more done before years end. This is the first year I hit my HAED goal. I attribute it to finally finding the combination that works for me.  22ct, 2x1, tent stitch.  I just wish I had experimented more earlier on and not let what others used and said about tent stitching influence me.

I also included a photo of what it will look like someday, since this still isn't much to look at.


HAED-Dragonflies whisper

TUSAL JULY



 
Springtime serenade-CCN

I can't believe I didn't share this before but apparently I shared it everywhere but here.  My final recently framed piece. Would you believe I found the frame at goodwill?  It couldn't fit better if I had bought it specifically for this piece. I can't wait til it is spring so I can hang it.

8 comments:

  1. That frame is perfect. Gotta love Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree ... I spend a lot of time searching for things in our shops :)and yeahhhh for tent stitch ... well done on your progress too :) love mouse xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on dragonflies whispers! It is looking great! Love the framed piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen Dragonflies before. It's a beauty. Glad you found the right combination with the tent stitching. I've got one haed I've started tenting and I think that's the way to go for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful frame and your stitching looks perfect for springtime! I love to find frames at thrift stores, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're good Angie. Really good.
    I also like the photo in the middle of the glass vase of thread on the chair. It makes for a nice photo any stitching person could relate to. :-)


    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Faith. That vase holds all my thread ends of the year. It is a vase that used to be Nana's so it is special. At the end of the year, I will put them all in one of those glass balls from an arts/craft store and put it on the tree, or save them and put them out for the birds to use in nests next spring. We have a huge old maple tree in our back yard.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday, August 4, 2013

HAED update, TUSAL, final framed finish

Long time no post. Sorry about that. You know how life gets in the way. I have been stitching a fair amount, and have a page finish on my Haed. Dragonflies whisper. It is also my yearly goal. Though it is only August so I hope to get a bit more done before years end. This is the first year I hit my HAED goal. I attribute it to finally finding the combination that works for me.  22ct, 2x1, tent stitch.  I just wish I had experimented more earlier on and not let what others used and said about tent stitching influence me.

I also included a photo of what it will look like someday, since this still isn't much to look at.


HAED-Dragonflies whisper

TUSAL JULY



 
Springtime serenade-CCN

I can't believe I didn't share this before but apparently I shared it everywhere but here.  My final recently framed piece. Would you believe I found the frame at goodwill?  It couldn't fit better if I had bought it specifically for this piece. I can't wait til it is spring so I can hang it.

8 comments:

  1. That frame is perfect. Gotta love Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree ... I spend a lot of time searching for things in our shops :)and yeahhhh for tent stitch ... well done on your progress too :) love mouse xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on dragonflies whispers! It is looking great! Love the framed piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen Dragonflies before. It's a beauty. Glad you found the right combination with the tent stitching. I've got one haed I've started tenting and I think that's the way to go for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful frame and your stitching looks perfect for springtime! I love to find frames at thrift stores, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're good Angie. Really good.
    I also like the photo in the middle of the glass vase of thread on the chair. It makes for a nice photo any stitching person could relate to. :-)


    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Faith. That vase holds all my thread ends of the year. It is a vase that used to be Nana's so it is special. At the end of the year, I will put them all in one of those glass balls from an arts/craft store and put it on the tree, or save them and put them out for the birds to use in nests next spring. We have a huge old maple tree in our back yard.

    ReplyDelete