Friday, January 24, 2014

Nook cover- Sewing

I have a nook. I love my nook. What I don't love are the prices of the cases. Unlike my nexus, I don't need a fancy cover that protects it from dropping, as I never drop my nook.  I bought a pattern a few years ago. First time I made it I followed the instructions as written. It was okay but I was never quite happy with it. 
This time I did what I do with everything else, I changed it to suit me.  I left out the pockets. I used only 1 fabric. I also used sew on velcro for the closure and added the button for decoration. I am quite pleased with it this time.  Best of all I used a dark fabric that won't show the dirt as much. 
nook cover insideNook cover

1 comment:

  1. That's really good Angie!!! I have a Kindle & you're giving me ideas...

    ReplyDelete

Friday, January 24, 2014

Nook cover- Sewing

I have a nook. I love my nook. What I don't love are the prices of the cases. Unlike my nexus, I don't need a fancy cover that protects it from dropping, as I never drop my nook.  I bought a pattern a few years ago. First time I made it I followed the instructions as written. It was okay but I was never quite happy with it. 
This time I did what I do with everything else, I changed it to suit me.  I left out the pockets. I used only 1 fabric. I also used sew on velcro for the closure and added the button for decoration. I am quite pleased with it this time.  Best of all I used a dark fabric that won't show the dirt as much. 
nook cover insideNook cover

1 comment:

  1. That's really good Angie!!! I have a Kindle & you're giving me ideas...

    ReplyDelete