I finally got back to stitching after about a month. I can't wait for April to be over, exactly 2 weeks after my pap died, my father in law died.
On a brighter note, I finished my first mill hill kit. I didn't really like the perforated paper, but I did enjoy stitching this, and especially adding the beads. Next time I think I will stitch it on evenweave.
Anyone who has stitched this or has this will notice that I left out the background mountain and stuff at the bottom right. I simply disliked it and felt it took away from the owl. The kit was also missing one color the brown, which I disliked the color so I picked my own brown.
I worked a bit on Earthdancer as well. I was able to stitch the wisp Of hair and the feathers at the top of her head.mnext time I hope to complete her face.





Sorry to hear about your FIL Angie. Your stitching looks great.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Sorry to hear of your losses. Your stitching is lovely. I hope it's brought you some comfort.
ReplyDeleteStitching does bring me comfort
DeleteSorry about your losses. FYI: Mill Hill is great about sending out missing parts to their kits. I have even asked for a few beads to finish a kit if I ran out.
ReplyDeleteThanks. I wasn't aware of that. Now I know for next time
DeleteSorry to hear about your FIL's passing as well. Excellent finish and good to make it your own. Nice work on the feathers as well.
ReplyDeleteThanks
DeleteLovely stitching, that little owl sure looks cute :)
ReplyDeleteThanks
DeleteCondolences on the loss of your father-in-law.
ReplyDeleteYour stitching looks nice.