Sunday, January 6, 2013

Reading Challenges

My other passion besides Cross-Stitch is reading. This year I am going to try a few reading challenges.   I plan to keep track of them here.  I also post reviews to Goodreads

I love reading new authors. How else does one find new books to read?  I haven't tried as many new authors recently as I would like so.........
 I am joining the New Authors Challenge.  My plan is 15 new authors.


1.The challenge will run from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013.

2.
Since this is an author challenge, there is no restriction on choosing your novels. They can definitely be from other challenges. However, the authors must be new to you and, preferably from novels. Anthologies are a great way to try someone new, but only a third of your new authors can be from anthologies.

3. I want this to be an easy challenge, so you can pick to do either 15, 25 or 50 new authors. It all depends on how fast you read and how adventurous you want to be.  If you reach your goal halfway through the year, don’t stop. Any new author you try can be added to Mr. Linky. We all want to know about your new experience.

4. After reading your new author, write your review and then come back here and add your link to Mr. Linky. Make sure you include your name and the author, but adding the title is completely up to you.

Bloggers or Non-Bloggers alike are welcome. You don’t have to have a site to participate. You can link up via Facebook, GoodReads or even Amazon if you’d like.                                                      

                                            *********************************************



I love ebooks. Don't get me wrong- I love handheld books as well. I will always read them, always keep some, but.... it is so convenient to be able to carry around a 100 books in my purse. It is so much neater to have my nook, or my nexus on the table, than a stack of books (especially with a toddler).  Other than library books, and my already collection of books, most of what I read is ebooks, so my goal for the ebook challenge is 50 books.
Challenge Guidelines:
  1. This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 – Dec 31, 2013.
  2. Anyone can join, you don’t need to be a blogger. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to sign-up in the comments. You can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, etc).
  3. Any genre or length of book counts, as long as it is in ebook format.
  4. You can plan your books in advance or as you read them.
  5. When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the E-Book Reading Challenge.
  6. You can move up levels, but no moving down.
  7. Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
Levels:
    Floppy disk – 5 ebook

    CD – 10 ebooks
    DVD – 25 ebooks
    Memory stick – 50 ebooks
    Hard drive – 75 ebooks
    Server – 100 ebooks
    Human brain – 150 ebooks




Once you reach your goal, you don’t have to stop. Any new author you try, go ahead and head back here and add it to the list. Introduce us all to whoever you find. Afterall, there’s no reason to stop trying new authors, right?
When you’re signing in with Mr. Linky, please leave either your name or your blog name followed by the author you tried – i.e. Jackie (Melissa Marr) or Literary Escapism (Melissa Marr).  Please do not add wrap-up posts here. If you would like to add a wrap-up post, please leave a link in the comments. (Mr. Linky will be added on January 1st).
                                      ************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. oh I like your challenges. I just received a nook for xmas so I'm liking the ebook and from my library I can dl audio books too so I can stitch and listen at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Reading Challenges

My other passion besides Cross-Stitch is reading. This year I am going to try a few reading challenges.   I plan to keep track of them here.  I also post reviews to Goodreads

I love reading new authors. How else does one find new books to read?  I haven't tried as many new authors recently as I would like so.........
 I am joining the New Authors Challenge.  My plan is 15 new authors.


1.The challenge will run from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013.

2.
Since this is an author challenge, there is no restriction on choosing your novels. They can definitely be from other challenges. However, the authors must be new to you and, preferably from novels. Anthologies are a great way to try someone new, but only a third of your new authors can be from anthologies.

3. I want this to be an easy challenge, so you can pick to do either 15, 25 or 50 new authors. It all depends on how fast you read and how adventurous you want to be.  If you reach your goal halfway through the year, don’t stop. Any new author you try can be added to Mr. Linky. We all want to know about your new experience.

4. After reading your new author, write your review and then come back here and add your link to Mr. Linky. Make sure you include your name and the author, but adding the title is completely up to you.

Bloggers or Non-Bloggers alike are welcome. You don’t have to have a site to participate. You can link up via Facebook, GoodReads or even Amazon if you’d like.                                                      

                                            *********************************************



I love ebooks. Don't get me wrong- I love handheld books as well. I will always read them, always keep some, but.... it is so convenient to be able to carry around a 100 books in my purse. It is so much neater to have my nook, or my nexus on the table, than a stack of books (especially with a toddler).  Other than library books, and my already collection of books, most of what I read is ebooks, so my goal for the ebook challenge is 50 books.
Challenge Guidelines:
  1. This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 – Dec 31, 2013.
  2. Anyone can join, you don’t need to be a blogger. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to sign-up in the comments. You can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, etc).
  3. Any genre or length of book counts, as long as it is in ebook format.
  4. You can plan your books in advance or as you read them.
  5. When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the E-Book Reading Challenge.
  6. You can move up levels, but no moving down.
  7. Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
Levels:
    Floppy disk – 5 ebook

    CD – 10 ebooks
    DVD – 25 ebooks
    Memory stick – 50 ebooks
    Hard drive – 75 ebooks
    Server – 100 ebooks
    Human brain – 150 ebooks




Once you reach your goal, you don’t have to stop. Any new author you try, go ahead and head back here and add it to the list. Introduce us all to whoever you find. Afterall, there’s no reason to stop trying new authors, right?
When you’re signing in with Mr. Linky, please leave either your name or your blog name followed by the author you tried – i.e. Jackie (Melissa Marr) or Literary Escapism (Melissa Marr).  Please do not add wrap-up posts here. If you would like to add a wrap-up post, please leave a link in the comments. (Mr. Linky will be added on January 1st).
                                      ************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. oh I like your challenges. I just received a nook for xmas so I'm liking the ebook and from my library I can dl audio books too so I can stitch and listen at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete