I already have my next chatelaine project, but I won't start it until I finish this one. No budging on that one. I am going to convert as much of it as I can, as I feel comfortable with. Make it more affordable. Plus I dye my own fabric now, so that will help as well, a lot. Speaking of which I priced dylon dye today. It wasn't bad at all. A dollar or so more than rit dye. I will try it next time.
I have been unhappy with my current floss organization.
So I am switching to floss-away bags for all of it. I won't need that bin anymore. I will repurpose it with art stuff I think. I am in the process of switching all my floss to the bags. It's a lengthy process. My plan is to put the DMC onto rings. A ring for each 100 series. For specialty floss I will keep that on rings too- a ring for each brand- until I have enough to separate it further. For now I will keep the rings in large ziploc bags.
I also started using the rings for projects. I pull all the floss for project and put it all into bags on the rings. I love it. Makes it easy to find as opposed to keeping it just loose in the project bag. I have been pulling lengths of floss and putting it onto floss cards. You know those ones that come in kits? I hate it.
I found some bags and rings at Hobby lobby today. They are having a 30% sale as well, on the bags and fabric, and other cross stitch things (not floss or kits). Of course you know where this is leading right???? I picked up some fabric as well. Never can have enough fabric stash right?
I finished up my valentine's exchange shopping as well today. I have to see if I have a mailer here or if I need to pick one up. Then I want to go ahead and get that out. I just love exchanges. My goals for the year is to participate in 4 this year. This is one down.
Sierra




I have the bins but smaller ones for nuts and bolts and I love them. I had my floss in ziploc bags but didn't like it that way. Great progress on your Japanese garden. That's a big WIP
ReplyDeleteSince seeing the box that you use I'm determined to find one for me - will have to remember to make sure they are easy-slide ones :)
ReplyDeleteAhhh ....the Japanese Garden. It's one of the Chatelaine's isn't it? I have done 2 of them too (Alpine and Hawaii and one more kitted up) Which will be your next one?
ReplyDeleteJG is my most expensive project, too. I subbed out some of the flosses also, and got all the beads. I just need to get it out and work on it some more! School has been hogging up my time.
ReplyDeleteI put my bobbins into a hotwheels/matchbox car case. Takes up less space than those drawers/bins and easily transportable.
I'm looking forward to see your JG grow. I used all recommended floss when I stitched it, and agree with you that it gets pricey.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on redoing all your floss.... looks to be a huge undertaking.
On a sidenote, would you like me to change your 2011 SAL piece from Mistress to JG on the SAL blog? I'm sure the gals on there would love to see your progress on this. :D
Really nice stitching and I have the same problem with the bobbins getting stuck:( makes you want to pull your hair out at time!
ReplyDeleteMary Louise in IN
Yes Gabi, It is one of the Chatelaine's. One of my favorite things to do is to go and look at all the pretty designs on her website. Next up is Mystery XI- Celtic Maze. I am trying to not buy a bunch more of her charts, but it is getting harder to resist! Especially the seasons!
ReplyDeleteMeari- Where did you get the beads from?
Joysze- I have been thinking it over and yes would you change my SAL to Japanese Garden?
Mary Louise- It does make me want to pull my hair out!
Stay tuned I'm nearly done with the 12 O'clock rock garden and will post an update pic then.