Sunday, January 22, 2012

Japanese Garden

Thanks for all the comments on last weeks progress.   I appreciate and read every comment, though I don't often comment on them. 

Satia- The name of the chart is Shades of Autumn and is by From Nancy's needle.  If you are interested in me sending you the chart when I am done with it just send me an email.  

I am quite pleased with my progress this week with Japanese Garden. I am starting to get anxious to get it completed, at least the stitching part. I am starting to get nervous about the beads- I have never beaded anything before.  Probably a good time to mention that I have a hand shaking problem.  Needless to say it may take me awhile.


I worked on the outer border this week. It went fast though it was boring by thursday.  The cross stitching was mostly straight lines, a huge part of it was Jessica stitches which I don't mind.
    
Thought maybe you would like a close up to see what I am talking about with the border.   I did run out of the gold treasure braid.  A trip to the LNS took care of that. I didn't buy anything I didn't need-  Beads for Fire Goddess (I will have to order the rest online),  the gold PTB, and a chart/floss for my valentine's day exchange partner.   Oh I did glance through the free boxes, where I found two that had charts I liked, but that doesn't count since I didn't spend any money. 


 

Here is a photo of the entire piece.


This week I am stitching on Fire Goddess. I am really excited about this piece. I plan to do all of the goddesses.  I love them. I may make a quilt with them, who knows.   I love the oranges in this piece. It is a color I don't use a lot in cross-stitch. 

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece you are working on. I want to do Parisian Iris Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is coming along so great. Just take your time with the beads and you will be fine. They are very easy. If you are not sure, try do a Mill Hill kit. They are very small and easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. coming along very nicely, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Japanese Garden looks great. Just take it slow when you get to the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Japanese Garden looks lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. JP looking wonderful can't wait for you to finish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Beading takes me forever, and my hands don't shake. Just go slow and steady and it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's looking good Sierra. Keep up the good work, sweetie. And I so love the color of fabby you chose for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm simply in lobe with your Japanese Garden! The fabric is gorgeous, the perfect match <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooo it is looking fab and good luck with the beading too ... make sure you have a beading mat underneath your bead box ... saves a lot of muttering when you drop some .... been n seen n done that ..lol love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. JG looks awesome, Sierra. Fingers crossed that beading will go smoothly.

    Looking forward to seeing Fire Goddess as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's looking absolutely fantastic, can't wait to see your Fire Goddess xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I'm sure beading will go well, full crosses work best for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks lovely.

    Marl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful piece!! I'm sure you'll do fine with the beading part :)

    ReplyDelete

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Japanese Garden

Thanks for all the comments on last weeks progress.   I appreciate and read every comment, though I don't often comment on them. 

Satia- The name of the chart is Shades of Autumn and is by From Nancy's needle.  If you are interested in me sending you the chart when I am done with it just send me an email.  

I am quite pleased with my progress this week with Japanese Garden. I am starting to get anxious to get it completed, at least the stitching part. I am starting to get nervous about the beads- I have never beaded anything before.  Probably a good time to mention that I have a hand shaking problem.  Needless to say it may take me awhile.


I worked on the outer border this week. It went fast though it was boring by thursday.  The cross stitching was mostly straight lines, a huge part of it was Jessica stitches which I don't mind.
    
Thought maybe you would like a close up to see what I am talking about with the border.   I did run out of the gold treasure braid.  A trip to the LNS took care of that. I didn't buy anything I didn't need-  Beads for Fire Goddess (I will have to order the rest online),  the gold PTB, and a chart/floss for my valentine's day exchange partner.   Oh I did glance through the free boxes, where I found two that had charts I liked, but that doesn't count since I didn't spend any money. 


 

Here is a photo of the entire piece.


This week I am stitching on Fire Goddess. I am really excited about this piece. I plan to do all of the goddesses.  I love them. I may make a quilt with them, who knows.   I love the oranges in this piece. It is a color I don't use a lot in cross-stitch. 

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece you are working on. I want to do Parisian Iris Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is coming along so great. Just take your time with the beads and you will be fine. They are very easy. If you are not sure, try do a Mill Hill kit. They are very small and easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. coming along very nicely, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Japanese Garden looks great. Just take it slow when you get to the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Japanese Garden looks lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. JP looking wonderful can't wait for you to finish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Beading takes me forever, and my hands don't shake. Just go slow and steady and it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's looking good Sierra. Keep up the good work, sweetie. And I so love the color of fabby you chose for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm simply in lobe with your Japanese Garden! The fabric is gorgeous, the perfect match <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooo it is looking fab and good luck with the beading too ... make sure you have a beading mat underneath your bead box ... saves a lot of muttering when you drop some .... been n seen n done that ..lol love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. JG looks awesome, Sierra. Fingers crossed that beading will go smoothly.

    Looking forward to seeing Fire Goddess as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's looking absolutely fantastic, can't wait to see your Fire Goddess xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I'm sure beading will go well, full crosses work best for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks lovely.

    Marl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful piece!! I'm sure you'll do fine with the beading part :)

    ReplyDelete