Monday, April 18, 2011

Stash and HAED

Boy was I surprised when someone in an online group told me there is a stitching store right in my area. It is on my way back from therapy each week.   Of course on Saturday I had to stop in.  I got only a few small things, though I had many more in my hands.





The CC floss is for Garden Bugs, It's the Blooming Crocus I ran out of. The WDW is for a small I have yet to start.

Usually when I post a HAED it is Mistress, but I have put Mistress aside for now.  I am just burnt out on her I guess.  It's all the confetti stitching perhaps. Or I don't know. It's this I think---  I I stitched Mistress at a time in life when I was dealing with some painful things. Now though I am moving on, living life instead of watching it. I no longer feel the need to complete Mistress. I am thinking of just finishing the last top page part and calling that done.

If you are a Jessica Galbreth fan, you are aware she has a new direction. It really seems to fit me well, as I hadn't been connecting with her work.   Two pieces I just had to have, and one of them is my current HAED.  She really to me is just moving on. That is what I see when I look at it.  Here is what it will look like someday-


Here is what it looks like currently-








Vision Jessica Galbreth


 Stats- Vision- Jessica Galbreth/HAED,  28 ct off white evenweave. 2x1 tent stitching.

17 comments:

  1. LNS can be very bad for the pocket book. I have one close but kinda out of the way so that saves me a bunch :) Confetti stitching makes it hard for me to finish things, so does partial stitches and weird backstitching. LOoking forward to seeing your progress on the new haed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that Mistress would look great even if you didn't continue and have it cut off at the moon. I think it'd look more balanced that way, with the top part of her and part of the moon. Just a thought....

    Great start on Vision. Your linkie to the picture is broken thought. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with the new LNS. I am seriously thinking of doing future HAEDs in tent stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that on my wish list Sierra. And I'm always happy to enable a fellow stitcher!! Especially as you have to go past it every week. Better be careful, or you'll be broke!!! I want to go someday. Maybe one of these days, we could get together and go for lunch and a shopping trip. That would be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara- The confetti stitching gets so old, even with parking it still takes forever.

    Joyce- I think that is what I am going to do. Although I won't be able to get a free chart from HAED as it won't be technically finished, that is okay. It isn't like I really need another one anyways. I fixed it so you can see what Visions will look like finished.

    Shelleen- I will NEVER go back to full stitches on a HAED. Close up I can see a few spots of the fabby but at any distance I just can't tell. It goes so much faster that I just could never stitch full crosses on HAED again. Maybe that is also part why I am done with Mistress.

    Julie- I've decided that I won't be stopping in every week- or every few weeks even. Every month or two maybe?? Not like I need any charts, but then can one ever have too many?? I would love to meet up some day. Lunch and shopping sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project looks gorgeous!! Goodluck with it as it looks like a huge project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just admire you people who do those ever so large HAEDs. Lovely stashes you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks gorgeous. Someday I will have me a HAED someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice new stash.

    Love your new HAED start. My big one is a UFO at the moment and it's such a shame. Maybe one day I'll get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sierra, I'm pleased you got to start Visions. I think the tent stitch lends great coverage! It will certainly save some time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful piece, Sierra. Looking forward to watching your progress. :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous HAED, I hate confetti stitches but on some things they make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone for the comments.

    Confetti stitching can make all the difference that is so true. It is so easy to let HAED's be UFO's. Honestly though for me? I stitch because I enjoy it not for the finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is great that you have a LNS I have to travel at least 50 miles to get to one. Will look forward to see ing your progress onyou HAED.

    Mary Louise

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't finding a local store nice??? Nice progress on the HAED and I agree, only tent stitches!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just adore peacocks and fairy's, can't wait to see more progress. good start for now.

    ReplyDelete

Monday, April 18, 2011

Stash and HAED

Boy was I surprised when someone in an online group told me there is a stitching store right in my area. It is on my way back from therapy each week.   Of course on Saturday I had to stop in.  I got only a few small things, though I had many more in my hands.





The CC floss is for Garden Bugs, It's the Blooming Crocus I ran out of. The WDW is for a small I have yet to start.

Usually when I post a HAED it is Mistress, but I have put Mistress aside for now.  I am just burnt out on her I guess.  It's all the confetti stitching perhaps. Or I don't know. It's this I think---  I I stitched Mistress at a time in life when I was dealing with some painful things. Now though I am moving on, living life instead of watching it. I no longer feel the need to complete Mistress. I am thinking of just finishing the last top page part and calling that done.

If you are a Jessica Galbreth fan, you are aware she has a new direction. It really seems to fit me well, as I hadn't been connecting with her work.   Two pieces I just had to have, and one of them is my current HAED.  She really to me is just moving on. That is what I see when I look at it.  Here is what it will look like someday-


Here is what it looks like currently-








Vision Jessica Galbreth


 Stats- Vision- Jessica Galbreth/HAED,  28 ct off white evenweave. 2x1 tent stitching.

17 comments:

  1. LNS can be very bad for the pocket book. I have one close but kinda out of the way so that saves me a bunch :) Confetti stitching makes it hard for me to finish things, so does partial stitches and weird backstitching. LOoking forward to seeing your progress on the new haed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that Mistress would look great even if you didn't continue and have it cut off at the moon. I think it'd look more balanced that way, with the top part of her and part of the moon. Just a thought....

    Great start on Vision. Your linkie to the picture is broken thought. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with the new LNS. I am seriously thinking of doing future HAEDs in tent stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that on my wish list Sierra. And I'm always happy to enable a fellow stitcher!! Especially as you have to go past it every week. Better be careful, or you'll be broke!!! I want to go someday. Maybe one of these days, we could get together and go for lunch and a shopping trip. That would be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara- The confetti stitching gets so old, even with parking it still takes forever.

    Joyce- I think that is what I am going to do. Although I won't be able to get a free chart from HAED as it won't be technically finished, that is okay. It isn't like I really need another one anyways. I fixed it so you can see what Visions will look like finished.

    Shelleen- I will NEVER go back to full stitches on a HAED. Close up I can see a few spots of the fabby but at any distance I just can't tell. It goes so much faster that I just could never stitch full crosses on HAED again. Maybe that is also part why I am done with Mistress.

    Julie- I've decided that I won't be stopping in every week- or every few weeks even. Every month or two maybe?? Not like I need any charts, but then can one ever have too many?? I would love to meet up some day. Lunch and shopping sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project looks gorgeous!! Goodluck with it as it looks like a huge project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just admire you people who do those ever so large HAEDs. Lovely stashes you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks gorgeous. Someday I will have me a HAED someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice new stash.

    Love your new HAED start. My big one is a UFO at the moment and it's such a shame. Maybe one day I'll get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sierra, I'm pleased you got to start Visions. I think the tent stitch lends great coverage! It will certainly save some time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful piece, Sierra. Looking forward to watching your progress. :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous HAED, I hate confetti stitches but on some things they make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone for the comments.

    Confetti stitching can make all the difference that is so true. It is so easy to let HAED's be UFO's. Honestly though for me? I stitch because I enjoy it not for the finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is great that you have a LNS I have to travel at least 50 miles to get to one. Will look forward to see ing your progress onyou HAED.

    Mary Louise

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't finding a local store nice??? Nice progress on the HAED and I agree, only tent stitches!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just adore peacocks and fairy's, can't wait to see more progress. good start for now.

    ReplyDelete